Floor and ceiling panels are in Kevan finally!!

There are four days left until my sister arrives to stay in Kevan.  Last post I gave up trying to get the painting done before she comes, so I have now put the floor and the ceiling panels in temporarily, and I can pull them out again once I have practiced my painting on our old Kelvinator.

Without further ado, this is what Kevan looks like now:

P1060682

I have been doing this work in the evenings after work and this weekend.  We had some rain this week, so I brought the flooring stuff inside and cut the underfloor insulation and the vinyl flooring to size in the loungeroom.

Floor laid on top of of the upside down vinyl so I could trace around it

Floor laid on top of of the upside down vinyl so I could trace around it

Outline drawn

Outline drawn

Clifford was being very helpful throughout this process, particularly whan I was trying to lay out the underfloor insulation (Lamilay gold floating floor underlay, available at Bunnings, but I got a whole roll for $2 from The Green Shed):

P1060663

I cut some closed cell foam (second hand camping mat also from The Green Shed for not many dollars) to go on the top of the engine shelf/firewall:

P1060665

Once I do the painting, I will stick this insulation down to the firewall.  I will also stick insulation on the vertical face of the firewall too, but I haven’t cut it yet because I need to put the metal horizontal bar back first (the one I tried painting black and ruined in the last post).  Then it will go underneath this latex-backed jute rug that I bought from Big W and cut to the same shape as the original piece of carpet that went on here.  Here it is just temporarily put in place with a few safety pins (I had to check the fit before I sew an edging on it and stitch it together properly:

P1060669

Then I put the ceiling panels in:

Rear one in first

Rear one in first

Front one in

Front one in

Mid-front panel ready to go in

Mid-front panel ready to go in

Third one in

Third one in

All panels in, first ceiling beam up

All panels in, first ceiling beam up

:D :D :D :D :D

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Still one ceiling beam to go up, it is a tight fit and I couldn’t do it on my own.  I also took a trip to bunnings to get the right size of drill bit for drilling pilot holes for the eye-screws that the curtain wire will attach to.  Then I practiced drilling holes in a scrap bit of metal.  The drill bit was too small and I couldn’t get the screw in, tried another drill bit and the hole was too big. This is hard 😦

Now I have 3 more evenings to get the last beam up, the curtain wires installed, the curtain on the rear window, mattress segments cut to size, and the RV tent, table, stove etc all set up.

😀 It will look so much better once I have painted inside and put wall panels and furniture in…

Advertisements